“Follow Me,” an Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #765 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Phil Lollar and Marshal Younger, and was originally released on January 1, 2015.
Journey to Galilee as Whit imagines what might have happened had Jesus' disciples known each other as boys.
What if Jesus' disciples knew each other...as kids! Which ones got along? Did they ever get in trouble by throwing fish guts at each other? In the new Kids' Radio adventure "Follow Me," Whit shares a story at the shores of Galilee that is fictional, yet based on the actual personalities as described in the bible. See how the decisions we make when we're young shape us as we grow.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- James would rather do anything but fish. In your opinion, what’s the worst job in the world? Why?
- Despite his knowledge of Scripture, James wasn’t chosen by the rabbi. What quality was he missing, and why is it important that we all have it?
- When have you, like Simon, impatiently waited for someone to fulfill a promise? Why is God’s timing as critical as His promises?
- Discuss Simon’s statement, “Better to go to prison for your convictions than hide safely behind a wall of scrolls.” What does he mean? Do you agree? And how might that look in your world?
- Joshua’s hunger for justice is a good thing, but how does bitterness toward others (Levi, Alpheus, King Herod, etc.) hurt him in the end? Read Ephesians 4:31-32. If you are harboring jealousy or resentment toward someone, ask God to help you forgive.
- How were the boys’ personalities in this story similar to what the Bible tells us about the actual disciples as adults?
- Joshua asks, “Is it stealing to take from those who steal?” What do you think? Based on Exodus 20:15, how does God feel about it? When have you ever tried to justify a bad choice, like Joshua did by arguing that he stole the sandals for his brother?
- Simon narrowly escaped serious consequences after letting Joshua influence him. Read 1 Corinthians 15:33. How should we choose our companions?
- What does it mean to you to be “God’s companion”?
- The boys received wisdom from their rabbi. Do you have a teacher who offers good advice? Share a valuable lesson that person has taught you.
|John Whittaker||Andre Stojka|
|John (c)||Brandon Gilberstadt|
- This is the first episode since #461: “B-TV: Obedience” to feature writing and directing by Phil Lollar. He returned to the Odyssey Team in 2014 after a 14 year, and more than 300 episode long absence.
- This episode includes the talents of Brandon Gilberstadt, who played Jared DeWhite and Zach Callison, who previously played Matthew Parker.
- This episode's cast and characters are all male.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».