Camp What-A-Nut, Part 2
Donny McCoy helps Whit to his feet, and they both climb a nearby tree. The bear starts up after them, but she's too heavy to get far, so she tries shaking them down from the tree. Donny and Whit hang on tight, feverishly praying to God for safety.
Meanwhile, back at camp, Chas has discovered a way to get even with Marco — by luring a skunk into his cabin with a trail of popcorn. But the skunk escapes and follows Chas to the mess hall, causing a panic. Everyone clears the room but Chas, whom the frightened skunk blesses with a special present — his spray.
Ned's worries are over, but Whit and Donny's are just starting. The bear finally leaves, but when Whit and Donny try to return to the camp, they get lost. Nighttime is coming fast, and they have to do something. Suddenly, Donny gets an idea: He'll climb a tree all the way to the top to see if he can spot the camp. His smallness works in his favor, and once at the top, he quickly sees both the camp and the route back. The two of them make their way back, and Donny has quite a tale to tell his journal — and everyone else — about how the thing he always disliked about himself ended up saving his and Whit's lives.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- Why did Chas treat Marco — and everyone else — so badly?
- Read 1 Samuel 16:1-7. Why does God think what's on the inside is more important than what's on the outside?
- How can you become better at seeing people's hearts rather than their appearances?
|Chas Wentworth||Chad Reisser|
|Donny McCoy||Nathan Fisk|
|Gloria McCoy||Kari Wahlgren|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Marco Dibiasi||Will Ryan|
|Ned Lewis||Steve Wunch|
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
- The saying Marco Dibiasi quotes about revenge was later used by Whit in #156: “Waylaid in the Windy City, Part 2”.
- At the beginning of this episode, Whit tells Donnie to run from the bear. You should never run from a bear. It is faster than you and that will make it even madder.
QuotesMarco Dibiasi: N.L + G.M. Oh, those are nice initi'.
Ned Lewis: Those are my initi'!
Ned Lewis: Well, she told me when she was making this that it was something for her true love!
Marco Dibiasi: Eh! That's a'wonderful! Congratulations!
Ned Lewis: No! It's not a'wonderful!
John Whittaker: Well, we'll just have to sit up here until she gets either tired or bored and goes away, but until then I'd suggest we do two things.
Donny McCoy: What?
John Whittaker: Well, the first is to keep praying.
Donny McCoy: I've been doing that. What's the second?
John Whittaker: Whoah! Hold on tight!
Marco Dibiasi: You know what my poppa used to say, "Marco, if you're gonna go out for revenge, you'd better dig two graves."