|The Telltale Cat||B-TV: Grace||I Slap Floor|
B-TV presents various skits, stories, and clips to portray the importance of grace and how it applies to our everyday lives.
A modernized version of the prodigal son joins free hot dogs and lemonade to teach the B-TV viewers an eye-opening lesson about getting the good stuff we don’t deserve.
- What does the Bible mean when it talks about God’s grace? Can you, in your own words, define grace or describe what it is?
- Why were Bernard and Connie giving away free hot dogs and lemonade on the street in downtown Odyssey? What did this have to do with the theme of the program?
- Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” What does this mean?
- This episode was dropped from the album "Album 34: In Your Wildest Dreams" and all subsequent airings because the the team felt the Amish skit was too offensive to some listeners.
QuotesConnie Kendall: Hot dog Eugene?
Eugene Meltsner: Surely you jest! Uh hold the mustard.
Eugene Meltsner: But Mr. Walton, are you or are you not familiar with the popular proverb, there's no such thing as a free lunch?
Bernard Walton: Yes, I think I've heard that somewhere before.
Eugene Meltsner: As a student of economics and a B-TV program consultant, I feel compelled to raise an unavoidable question. Who exactly is under riding this frivolous media bash?
Connie Kendall: Translated, Who's paying for all this.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=14&epmode=detailed#episode439%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_2000.htm#AIO439%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=439%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000572.cfm%7CWhits End