Aubrey Shepard prepares to leave home for college, believing God has led her to the right school at the right time. Emotions run high for her mom, dad and especially young sister Bethany Shepard. The family prepares, mostly with tears in their eyes, and sends Aubrey on her way. There is just one problem, they can't find Bethany.
When Aubrey's mother calls, Bethany pops up in Aubrey's car! She has come to protest Aubrey going to college. Aubrey goes back home to drop Bethany off, and decides to stay at home for another year. Her dad takes her into the garage, and shows Aubrey her old toy horse. He says that just like the horse, she has to move on. She decides to go to college, and the family, no matter how much they miss her, always know that she loves them.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
- There are no discussion questions listed for this episode. »
|Aubrey Shepard||Danielle Judovits|
|Ben Shepard||Jerry Houser|
|Bethany Shepard||Abigail Mavity|
|Ellen Shepard||Carolyn Hennesy|
- This episode marks the final appearance of Aubrey Shepard and her family.
- Aubrey talks on her cell phone while driving in this episode — an activity now known as distracted driving that has since been outlawed in many states.
- The college Aubrey plans to attend in this episode, "Ashburn," is not the name of a real college. However, there are several colleges in the city of Ashburn, Virginia.
QuotesBen Shepard: Get on the horse.
Aubrey Shepard: Uh, Dad, I feel a little silly.
Ben Shepard: It's okay; there aren't any hidden cameras.
Bethany Shepard: You're worried about me?
Aubrey Shepard: Bethany! What are you doing here?!
Aubrey Shepard: How bad was it?
Bethany Shepard: Hmm. I'm grounded 'til I can vote.