All By Myself
Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #750 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written by Marshal Younger and Paul McCusker, and was originally released on December 1, 2014.“All By Myself,” an
Wooton is quarantined in his house and has to find ways to entertain himself. Meanwhile, Penny tries to re-create a mountaintop experience with God.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
|Penny Wise||Kimmy Robertson|
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
- This episode takes place at Christmas time.
- Wooton found a Praying Mantis named Walter, who was later crushed by a nurse.
- Would you rather be around people, or be off somewhere by yourself? Why?
- Whit’s End is the best place in Odyssey for kids to gather. Where do you like to hang out with your friends? Why is that such a special spot?
- After her mountaintop experience, Penny was inspired to pray for people she’d never thought to pray for before. Name someone you see every day who has never made your prayer list. How can you pray for that person?
- What places help you to feel closer to God?
- Read James 3:3-8 together. Why do you think the Bible cautions us to guard our tongues and not gossip?
- Maybe gossiping isn’t a challenge for you, but something else is. When you spend time with God, is there a habit He wants you to work on? How might an “accountability partner” help?
- Have you ever been sick in bed and really bored, like Wooton? If so, what did you do to pass the time?
- Penny asked, “Where are your friends when you need them?” Which of your friends can you always count on?
- How do you think Penny felt when she heard that Wooton wanted to share a Bible verse with her? Why? If you know someone who needs encouragement, look up a passage that could help, confident that God’s Word will make a difference (Isaiah 55:11).
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».