A Daughter's Love
Adventures in Odyssey Club exclusive, is episode #776 of the Adventures in Odyssey audio series. It was written and directed by Phil Lollar, and was originally released on December 1, 2015.“A Daughter's Love,” an
Travel to Singapore, where Min's loving relationship with her father is tested by hard times and life-changing choices.
- This plot section is too short and should be expanded. »
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Camilla Parker||Michaela Dean|
|Hock's Boss||Feodor Chin|
|Police Officer||Feodor Chin|
|Matt (b)||Patrick Labyorteaux|
- It is based on a true story.
- It was shared through the Focus on the Family Singapore office.
- This episode features Melissa Disney, who previously portrayed Monica Stone.
Nathan Hoobler setting up
- Camilla and Min share a passion for soccer. Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?
- When has your family been uncomfortable saying "yes" to an activity that everyone else was allowed to do? How did you handle it? How might Connie's advice to Camilla also apply to your situation?
- How did Hock's poor choices (alcohol, irresponsibility at work, stealing) hurt him and Min? What unhealthy decisions are hurting people and families today, and how would you choose differently? Together, read Psalm 119:9-16 to discover the key to living well.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 tells us that the Lord will never leave or forsake us. How does it feel to know that, although we may still pay a price for bad choices, God loves us and will never abandon us? (Parents may want to address Hock's abandonment of Min, reassuring children of their commitment to the family.)
- Hock and Min liked going on zoo dates. What fun activities have you enjoyed sharing with your dad?
- Discuss Min's decision not to identify her father in the police lineup. What would you have done in her situation, and why? Have you ever felt torn between loyalty and honesty?
- What specific things did Matt say or do that gave Min earthly examples of our heavenly Father's love for us? How has your own dad demonstrated God's character?
- Min felt ashamed for lying to Matt and Leeann. Hock was ashamed for abandoning Min. Neither felt worthy of forgiveness. How would Psalm 103:8-12 and Romans 5:6-8 have helped them see their shame differently? How should God's forgiveness impact how we forgive others (Ephesians 4:32)? Who do you need to forgive?
- Take a moment to honor one another by sharing why each person in the room is valuable to you and to your family.
- There are no quotes listed for this episode. ».